We do NOT provide return shipping for your core. The shipping costs are one way only. Our steering gears are shipped with a copy of your invoice as well as a core ID tag in a packing slip on the outside of shipping box. This bright green tag (pictured) NEEDS to be returned with your core as it has helpful information that we use to be sure your core charge gets credited back to you in a timely manner. If this tag is lost you will need to write on a note the invoice#, your name & your phone number so we can be sure you will get your credit. If neither of these are included you may not get a core refund. Please refer to back of tag for more useful information for returning core. All cores returned after 30 days will be credited at 50% of the original core charge. Cores that are not OE or not identical to the gearbox we sent you will be credited at 25%. ($200 core charge = $50 credit). If we do not get back the correct core it changes our inventory requiring us to purchase another core to make up for the loss. If we do not get the correct one back then we cannot continue to circulate quality steering products.
Noticeable differences are as follows (please click links for photos)
1. Top cover (the one we paint blue). Some aftermarket gears can have 6 bolts holding on the cover vs 4 bolts standard on the OEM
2. Adjustment screw (on the top cover). Aftermarket gears generally always have a slot for a flat blade screwdriver to rotate screw. OEM have an Allen Wrench hexagonal hole for rotating the screw.
3. Valve housing depressions. Ford valve housings have 2 distinct depression rings that go around the housing. Aftermarket housings have 1 depression going around.
4. Input shaft torsion bar stud. Aftermarket input shafts do not have a torsion bar through the shaft. OEM input shaft will have a visible stud sticking out the end of input shaft approx 1/4" +. Click here for close up of an aftermarket input shaft.
5. A large external dust cover over the input shaft is common on aftermarket cores.
6. Top cover bolts on aftermarket gears usually have a lock washer. OEM gears generally don't use a lock washer and are marked with letters.
Please keep in mind to package the cores well as to avoid damage during shipment. Damaged or non-repairable cores will be prorated and will result in a lesser core charge. Broken or cracked output/input shafts usually result in a 50% credit. We generally do not have to deduct from core charges but we want everyone aware that it could happen.
Our product warranty is 12 months (unlimited miles) and does not include any labor costs.
Warranty applies only to products re-manufactured by Blue-Top Steering Gears, Inc. Any other steering components purchased by Blue-Top Steering Gears, Inc. from another supplier are covered only under the other suppliers warranty.
Power steering system must be flushed prior to installing our product. Failure to flush will void warranty.